Circular grinding centreless
In tool production, centreless grinding is widely used for the machining of outer, cylindrical and conical surfaces mainly of the end cutting tool. The main technological feature of centreless grinding is that the tool being machined was not fixed during grinding, but rotates freely in the prism formed by the support knife, which has a bevel and the driving circle, which ensures the support of the tool along its entire length.
This significantly increases the rigidity of the technological system, which determines the following advantages of centreless grinding: the possibility of grinding a tool of small diameter and long length:
- increase processing productivity due to large feeds;
- simplification of processing technology;
- reduction of time for installation and removal of finished products;
- elimination of the curvature of the workpieces of the tool as a result of the effect of its straightening during the grinding process;
- simplification of automation of processing and embedding in automatic lines.